TSC pension status online. Teachers who retire from the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) have a reason to smile.
This is because the Commission has instructed the timely completion of their pension payments.
The compulsory retirement age is sixty (60). Two years before the date of retirement, a notice is provided.
In certain situations, the Commission may grant a shorter retirement notice.
Thousands of teachers who retire each year have previously had to wait for years to collect their pension payments.
Some of these educators died before getting their benefits.
TSC pension status online
This is matter of the past since TSC consolidated two core departments to expedite pension data processing for thousands of teachers who retire annually.
The combination aims to expedite the processing of teachers’ pension papers before they are submitted to the Treasury for payment.
A teacher is required to, upon receiving the notice:
- Send all essential documentation stated in the notice as soon as possible.
- Fill out the bank forms with the full details of his/her bank account.
- Commute up to a fifth of his or her pension.
- Confirm your tax status with the KRA and settle any outstanding tax liabilities.
TSC pension status online
TSC-required documents for processing pensions for retiring teachers
- TSC clearance certificate duly completed.
- The bank plate is duplicated on both sides.
- Two copies of national identification cards, one on each side.
- Option to commute pension form duly completed in duplicate.
- Form for lump sum payment (bank form) duly filled.
- All promotion letters/certificates must be duplicated.
- The first pay sheet displaying Women’s and Children’s Pension Scheme (WCPS) deductions for male instructors.
- Copies of marriage certificates/affidavits to confirm names for married instructors who have different names on their paperwork.
- Teachers who worked as untrained teachers
- must provide an NSSF declaration.
- KRA PIN certificate in two copies
How to check the status of your pension processing online.
You can check the status of your TSC Pension online.
The following documents must be presented to the Head of the Human Resources Department.
- Two copies of one’s national identification card ID
- TSC Retirement Clearance Certificate
- Duly Completed Pension Communication and address form
- At least two payslips each year
- Official Secrets Acts Declaration Form Appendix’E’
- Copy of PIN card and Bank plate
- Duly Completed Declaration Assets and liabilities form
TSC, or teachers pensioners, earn ksh420,000 a month in Kenya.
To be more specific, multiply 10 years x 12 months x Ksh 420,000 per year/480 = Ksh 105,000 per year.