KNEC certificate replacements. Have you lost your KNEC certificate and wondering on what to do?. Do not worry as the article below has the solution.
According to Kenya National Examination Council Act Section 10(1)(d),
A candidates who can demonstrate the loss of the original certificate or diploma shall be issued replacements by KNEC.
Once you’ve applied for KNEC, you can now replace your lost KCSE/KCPE, diploma, bachelor’s degree, etc.
I’ll detail the streamlined process for replacing a KNEC certificate in this article.
KNEC certificate replacements
Kindly visit our website: http://www.knec.ac.ke Click on the “Downloads” and download the instructions for applying for a Certification Letter.
The application process for replacing lost certificates
- Go to the missing certificate page by logging into the KNEC portal.
- Complete the form and upload the necessary papers;
- After 15 days, pay the requisite amount and pick up the certificate at the KNEC headquarters.
- Applicant’s one coloured passport-sized photo
- Original Certificate of Marriage or copy of Gazette notice in which the changed name appears for those whose names have changed.
- Original proof of the applicant’s identification from the Registrar of Persons
- For minors, the original birth certificate must be accompanied by the parent/guardian’s original ID.
- A copy of your national identification card or passport.
- Employer referral letter to KNEC (where appropriate).
- Police Abstract showing certificate(s) lost.
- Letter of recommendation submitted to the CEO of KNEC from either the Head Teacher or the Sub-County Director of Education (SCDE)/County Director of Education (CDE) for private candidates and closed institutions.
- A duplicate of the certificate(s) or result slip(s) from 2013 onwards.
- Affidavit for a Missing Certificate
How much does it cost to apply for a misplaced KCSE certificate?
Confirmation will cost Sh 2320, while certification will cost Sh 5220 per certificate.
Payment for the missing certificate is made via bank transfer or mobile phone using paybill 250544.
The replacement application takes 60 days.
How long does it take to replace a misplaced KCSE certificate?
You collect the certificate at the KNEC offices after 15 days once the process is complete.