TSC deployment of teachers. The teacher Service Commission has plans again to deploy more than 10,000 Teachers to junior secondary schools.
These teachers are primary teachers initially employed by TSC but meet the minimum requirements to teach in junior secondary schools.
For one to be deployed to teach in junior secondary school, TSC must advertise for the posts.
The advertisement is done through the official TSC website and social media platforms.
TSC minimum requirements
The requirements include:
- Must be serving as a primary school teacher under TSC
- Have atleast a Plus in two teaching subjects at kenya certificate of secondary education KCSE or equivalent.
- Attained a mean grade of C plus in kenya certificate of secondary education KCSE or equivalent
- Must have done a minimum of 8 units in the two teaching subjects
To ensure smooth and easy implementation of CBC curriculum, TSC CEO must monitor how the Teachers report to their new station.
TSC deployment of teachers
JSS learner take a minimum of 9 subjects in the recent reforms under CBC curriculum implementation.
A leaner must take a minimum and a maximum of two subjects from the following groups,:
- Visual arts and performing arts which includes
- home science,
- computer science,
- foreign language – german, French, mandarin, Arabic, Kenyan Sign Language KSL and
- Indigenous languages.
The adapted and regular curricular has the same time allocated per lesson. Of 40 minutes.
The distribution of lessons for regular and Junior secondary schools curricular is as follows :
English 5 lessons
Mathematics 5 lessons
Pre-technical studies 4 lessons
Kiswahili/KSL 4 lesson
integrated science 4 lessons
social studies 3 lessons
Business studies 3 lessons
Agriculture 3 lessons
Religious Education (IRE,CRE and HRE) 3 Lessons
Sports and physical Education 2 lessons
life skills education 1 lesson
Option 1 3 lessons
0ption 2 3 lessons
TOTAL LESSONS 45