TSC recruitment requirements 2023. For teachers who have been shortlisted for interviews, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has published new standards.
According to Section 23(1) of the instructors Service Commission Act of 2012, all applicants MUST be certified instructors.
TSC County Directors MUST ensure that Heads of Institutions verify the online registration status of applicants at the shortlisting stage in order to prevent hiring unregistered or deregistered people.
Affidavits sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya must:
be presented by applicants whose names differ on academic and professional diplomas and/or identification cards to explain the discrepancy.
TSC recruitment requirements 2023
Applicants who re-sit either the KCPE or the KCSE examinations (or their equivalents) MUST provide:
certified copies of the certificate(s) of the national examination(s).
Copies of the certificates must be certified by the Sub-County Directors.
Produced by the system The County Selection Panel will use the Applicants’ Lists to shortlist five (5) applicants for each position.
Documents to carry to a TSC recruitment Interview
Applicants MUST produce the originals and clear copies of the following papers upon interview invitation: –
- National identification card;
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
- Authentic evidence of service as a teacher intern (where applicable);
- Diploma/Degree certificate and official transcripts;
- KCSE certificates or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re- sat exams);
- KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re- sat exams);
- Primary and Secondary School leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials;
- National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
- An Affidavit sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names;
- Letter of certification of results by KNEC (where applicable