TSC new payboom October. Teacher compensation experiences a significant boost with the recent allocation of new allowances by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
This boost primarily stems from substantial adjustments to the rates of Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), commonly referred to as Travel Allowance,
which applies to civil servants, including teachers, across the nation, especially for domestic travel.
The fundamental goal behind these revised rates is to ensure equitable reimbursement for the expenses incurred by individuals during official travel.
This initiative, detailed in a circular dated August 7, 2023, and personally signed by SRC President Lyn Mengich, extends to all urban centers, district capitals, and numerous other cities.
TSC new payboom October
Now, let’s delve into the specific alterations made in various teacher evaluation categories:
1. Teachers at Levels B5 and C1:
For educators at levels B5 (primary school teacher II) and C1 (secondary school teacher III, lecturer III, primary school teacher I), the revised daily allowance has been fixed at 6,300 Ksh.
2. Teachers at Levels C2, C3, C4, and C5:
Teachers at levels C2 (junior high school teacher II, elementary school teacher SNE II,
- lecturer II, middle school teacher II),
- C3 (secondary school teacher I,
- lecturer I,
- SNE I-elementary teacher,
- SNE II- high school teacher,
- middle school teacher I),
- C4 (Lecturer IV, Lecturer IV,
- Senior SNE Teacher – Primary,
- SNE Teacher I – Secondary, Deputy Director II), and
- C5 (Master III, Lecturer Member III, Director,
- Deputy Director I,
- Program Support Director II) are now entitled to a daily allowance of Ksh 11,200.
3. Teachers at Levels D1, D2, D3, D4, and D5:
- Senior educators at levels D1 (Master II, Principal III,
- Principal, Senior Instructor II,
- Program Support Officer I),
- D2 (Senior Director II,
- Senior I ,
- Lecturer I),
- D3 (Director, Deputy Director I),
- D4 (senior director), and
- D5 (director) will receive an increased daily allowance of Ksh 14,000.
Moreover, it is worth noting that this SRC circular unequivocally supersedes all prior circulars related to retirement benefits,
- working group allowances,
- internal organizing committee session allowances, and
- DSA (domestic and international tourism) in the public sector.
This comprehensive review aims to establish a just and transparent remuneration structure for civil servants, thus reducing their necessity for work-related travel.
The augmentation in teacher salaries is a result of these new subsidies provided by the SRC.