TSC promotion criteria C1-C2). The Teachers Service Commission (TSC), a vital Constitutional Commission governed by the provisions of Article 237(1) of the Kenyan Constitution,
has initiated a call for applications from qualified educators.
These applications align with the Career Progression Guidelines for Teachers and target positions that offer growth opportunities.
TSC promotion criteria C1-C2)
In an effort to promote equal opportunity employment, the TSC encourages individuals with disabilities to apply for these positions.
Successful candidates advancing to the interview stage will need to provide a set of critical documents known as “Chapter 6 documents” before they can be officially appointed.
These documents include:
– Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
– Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
– Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
– Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
– Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
TSC promotion criteria C1-C2)
The first advertised position (Advertisement No. 61/2023, C1-C2) pertains to Senior Teacher II roles in Regular Primary Schools.
This position falls under T-Scale 7 and offers 10,819 posts.
To be considered for appointment to this grade, a teacher must meet specific requirements, including
- a minimum service period as a Primary Teacher I in T-Scale 6 for at least three years,
- a satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal process,
- strict adherence to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution, and
- fulfillment of any additional requirements as deemed necessary by the Commission.
Additionally, candidates in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) and Hard to staff counties who have maintained their current grade for a minimum of 2 years are eligible to apply for these positions.
Advertisement No. 62/2023 (C1-C2) announces another set of opportunities for Senior Teacher II roles, this time in Special Needs Education (SNE Primary Schools).
These positions, also under T-Scale 7, offer 700 posts. To qualify for this appointment, applicants should meet specific requirements,
including a minimum service period as a Primary Teacher I in T-Scale 6 for at least three years,
possession of at least a Diploma in Special Needs Education in the specified area of specialty,
a satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal process,
compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution, and
satisfaction of any other requirements deemed necessary by the Commission.
As with the previous announcement, candidates in ASAL and Hard to staff counties who have held their current grade for at least 2 years are eligible to compete for these positions, furthering the commitment to education access and equality across diverse regions in Kenya.
These positions offer exciting opportunities for educators to advance in their careers and contribute to the growth of the education sector in the country.