TSC promotion news roundup(2023).The Teachers TSC (CEO) and Secretary, Dr. Nancy Njeri Macharia, has requested teachers not to avoid attending promotions interviews scheduled as from Dec 4th.
She has urged them to attend in large numbers so that they can grab the opportunity of being promoted.
Speaking during the 20th kepsha conference in Mombasa, Nancy indicated that the government set aside one billion for the promotion exercise 2023/2024
Interviews for the advertised 36,505 promotion slots will be conducted across all the 47 counties with primary schools getting a share of 17914.
Dr. Nancy decried over the low turn out of teachers during interviews making understaffed schools miss teachers.
TSC promotion news roundup(2023)
“I wish to inform you that, in the past, the Commission has failed to attract enough applicants for promotional positions even after lowering the requirements.” She added.
Like in Special Needs school, there is a great shortage of teachers.
I would like to encourage teachers who were invited for the promotions interviews to attend without failure, Macharia added.
Regions facing teacher shortages by numbers
She further requested the heads to go and encourage their teachers not to shy off the exercise.
The CEO highlighted the regions facing the highest shortages of teacher’s due to failure to attend interviews.
The regions include :
North Eastern 795
Rift Valley 45
All these vacancies are yet to be filled by teachers.
Macharia called on the teachers to stop shying away from applying for the posts advertised in these regions.
She added that the employment process is full of fairness due to the digitization policy.
TSC promotion news roundup(2023)
TSC CEO partying shot
“Recruitment for instance, our online recruitment module, has replaced the manual process which required teachers to travel to deliver their job applications to either County offices or secondary schools to drop applications,” she added.
TSC advertised promotion slots in September lowest to highest candre for regular and special need institutions.
- ADVERT NO. 62/2023 (C1-C2): SENIOR TEACHER II (SNE PRIMARY SCHOOL) – T- SCALE 7 -700 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 61/2023(C1-C2): SENIOR TEACHER II (REGULAR PRIMARY SCHOOL) – T-SCALE 7 -10,819 POSTS
- ADVERT NO.60/2023(C2-C3): SENIOR TEACHER I (SNE PRIMARY SCHOOL) – T- SCALE 8 – 346 POSTS
- ADVERT NO.59/2023 (C2-C3): SENIOR TEACHER I (REGULAR PRIMARY SCHOOL– T-SCALE 8 – 3,040 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 58/2023(C3-C4): DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER II (REGULAR PRIMARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 9 – 1,930 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 57/2023(C4-C5): HEAD TEACHER (SNE PRIMARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 10 – 30 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 56/2023(C4-C5): HEAD TEACHER (REGULAR PRIMARY SCHOOL), T- SCALE 10 – 1049 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 55/2023(C2-C3): SECONDARY TEACHER I (REGULAR SCHOOL), T- SCALE 8 – 1928 POSTS
- ADVERT NO.54/2023(C3-C4): SENIOR MASTER IV (REGULAR SCHOOL), T-SCALE9 -12,716POSTS
- ADVERT NO.53/2023(C3-C4): SENIOR LECTUTER IV (TTC) T-SCALE 9 – 216 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 52/2023(C4-C5): SENIOR MASTER III (REGULAR SCHOOL) T-SCALE-10 – 1142 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 51/2023(C5-D1): DEPUTY PRINCIPAL III (REGULAR SECONDARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 11 – 1057 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 50/2023(D1-D2): SENIOR LECTURER I T-SCALE 12 – 72 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 49/2023(D1-D2): DEPUTY PRINCIPAL II (REGULAR SECONDARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 12 – 547 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 48/2023(D2-D3): PRINCIPAL (REGULAR SECONDARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 13 – 541 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 47/2023(D3 –D4): SENIOR PRINCIPAL (REGULAR SECONDARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 14 – 108 POSTS
- ADVERT NO. 46/2023(D4-D5): CHIEF PRINCIPAL (REGULAR SECONDARY SCHOOL) T-SCALE 15 –34 POSTS