University vc salary. Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu has selected new Vice Chancellors for the country’s 13 universities.
Prof Benedict Mwavu Mutua was named the new VC of the Technical University of Kenya (TUK) by the Ministry on Friday, as Prof Nathan Oyori Ogechi takes over at Kisii University.
University vc salary
Prof James H. P. Kahindi, on the other hand, has been appointed as the next president of Pwani University.
Here is the list of the new VCs;
- Alupe University – Prof. Barasa Lwagula
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology – Prof. Peter Nganga Muchiri
- Machakos University – Prof. Joyce Jepkirui Agalo
- Technical University of Kenya – Prof. Dr. Benedict Mwavu Mutua
- Tharaka University – Prof. Peter K. Muriungi
- Pwani University – Prof. James H. P. Kahindi
- Karatina University – Prof. Linus Muthuri Gitonga
- Kisii University – Prof. Dr. Nathan Oyori Ogechi
- South Eastern Kenya University – Prof. Eng. Douglas Shitanda
- University of Eldoret – Prof. Thomas Kimeli Cheruiyot
- Jaramogi University of Science and Technology – Prof. Emily Achieng Akuno
- Tom Mboya University – Prof. Charles O. Omondi
- University of Kabianga – Prof. Eric Kipyegon Koech
According to a statement made by Ezekiel Machogu, all students who have obtained admission letters are expected to report to their respective institutions next week.
Machogu stressed during his testimony before the National Assembly Education Committee that pupils should not be turned away from school because of financial difficulties.
He promised that plans were being made to obtain funding for first-year students and that money would be distributed to colleges to help with their entrance.
Machogu stated that a letter to institutions requesting that they accept students into their programs would be delivered as a circular.
First year reporting dates 2023
This choice allays worries expressed by lawmakers about students’ ability to enroll in classes without financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans, or fees.
Machogu emphasized that students should not postpone starting classes until they receive their financial aid
He further added that as of August 23, out of the 75,272 applications for scholarships and loans at universities, about 30% had been awarded money.